New Jersey Family Law Attorneys
There is a unique and painful stress about family law problems. They – most often – mean that your most personal struggles have become a matter of legal interest. It means the dearest things to you are at risk, and you need help.
At Carolann M. Aschoff, P.C., we can help you. We provide people from the Gateway Region in northeastern New Jersey and beyond our undivided attention and strength as legal representatives. Our goals are to be the lawyers you need for your legal troubles and help you manage what’s ahead.
Skilled Representation In Family Law Matters
Experience and family law focus are two factors that you should consider when choosing your family law attorney. Founding attorney Carolann Aschoff and her staff of lawyers have decades of legal experience and have built a reputation for personalized service. Ms. Aschoff has also earned the distinction of being a certified matrimonial lawyer by the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Together, our lawyers have helped people across New Jersey with family law issues such as:
- Divorce: The first question you will hear from a lawyer at our firm is, “How can I help you?” That is only the start of our personalized service when you have made the decision to file for divorce.
- Mediation: Ms. Aschoff is a qualified court-appointed family law mediator. If you and your spouse or significant other wish to resolve your differences and concerns before instituting litigation, Ms. Aschoff is skilled at achieving a consensus between parties.
- Property settlements/division of assets: The division of property and assets is usually the final step in the divorce process. There is too much at stake for you to not know the full ramifications of a final agreement.
- Spousal support and alimony: We will do our best to ensure the continuation of the lifestyle that was enjoyed during the marriage.
- Child custody and support: As an emotional issue, custody and support matters can often devolve into bitter arguments between divorcing spouses. We approach these disputes with a focus on the children, and we will aggressively defend our clients’ interests in court, as well.
- Parenting time: We recognize the importance of children spending time with their parents. With that in mind, we work to develop a plan that both parties can agree is in the best interests of their children.
- Parental relocation and interstate custody: Life’s circumstances are subject to change. If you or your ex-spouse is wishing to move out of state, it may be necessary to seek a court order or a modification to an initial child custody order.
- Unmarried parent custody rights: If you are not married, it is important to establish your parental rights in order to ensure that your relationship with your child remains intact.
- Dissolution of unmarried couples: Ending a long, unmarried relationship can often mean dealing with the same issues and complications of a married couple, but without the statutory guidelines for such a split. We have the experience to help.
- Post-judgment on divorce decree judgments: If you are not receiving child support payments or have been accused of not making required payments, we can help you pursue an enforcement order. We may also be able to modify certain terms of your divorce decree if your circumstances have changed since the divorce.
- Appeals and post-judgment relief: If a mistake in law or fact occurred during your divorce proceeding, it may be possible to pursue an appeal of your divorce decree. It may also be possible to vacate an order if new evidence that may affect your settlement comes to light.
- Domestic violence/protective orders: Domestic violence is a sensitive issue for all parties. If you have had a restraining order filed against you following an accusation of domestic violence, you need to protect your rights. Conversely, if you have been subject to domestic abuse, your safety may be in jeopardy and a protective order may be necessary.
- Prenuptial agreements: If you own assets or wish to protect your children from a previous marriage, a prenuptial agreement can help put your mind at ease.
- Civil unions: If you are an older couple and do not want to get married again, a civil union may be the answer for you.
- Adoptions: At our firm, we handle stepparent, foreign and private adoptions. Bringing families together is perhaps the most rewarding part of our family law practice.
- Wills and estates: It is imperative for you and your loved ones to have your wishes honored after your death. At our firm, we will prepare your will and administrate your estate when the time comes.
Our family law attorneys can help you effectively resolve your legal dilemma. We give you all of our focus and strength when it comes to finding the resolution to your issues.
We Promise Personal Attention. We Provide Strong Representation
Facing a family law problem isn’t something you need to – or should – face alone. With the team of Carolann M. Aschoff, P.C., on your side, you will have a highly experienced, dedicated attorney on your side, providing necessary support to you at every obstacle.
If you are facing a domestic family issue or other legal concerns involving your family, contact our attorneys online or call our Jersey City and Bayonne offices at 201-793-7739 or West Caldwell office at 973-200-4892.